You’ve spent a lot of time building your social media network and you have a diverse and vibrant tribe. Congratulations! You have developed a great asset. Now the challenge is to keep your community engaged, show your appreciation, and continue to keep your network growing.
So how do you nurture your network to make sure that it remains strong and healthy? Below are five ways you can show your love to your community and keep them on your side.
5 Tips for Keeping Your Network Strong and Healthy
1. Share and share alike. One of the best ways to keep in touch with your community is to show them how much you appreciate them. The best way to do this is by sharing their posts and content. Of course, you should do so with a purpose and as it makes business sense. Passing along valuable information with a well-crafted comment will not only show your partners and collaborators that you are paying attention, but that you value their insight, too.
2. Follow where they lead. You can keep up with your power partners by following their feeds. Not only will it show them that you are interested in what they have to say, it can help you keep up with what’s happening in their world.
3. Respond, comment, and engage. It doesn’t take long to offer a comment on a useful post. Perhaps you have an article that would be a good follow-up or you have a thought-provoking question. There are many ways to respond. The point is to engage with the person who is posting. Exactly how you respond will depend on the platform and the style of the post but don’t miss the chance to encourage engagement.
4. Show your appreciation. Social media is a great place to say thank you to your customers. There are many ways to do this—from a simple note of gratitude to a promotion that shows how important your customers are to your business. Social media can be an important tool for letting the people who keep you in business know you don’t take them for granted.
5. Be consistent. While you don’t need to comment, respond, or post every day, it is important that you keep a regular schedule. When it comes to social media, out of sight can mean out of mind.
Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or some other social media platform, if you aren’t taking advantage of these channels to engage with your tribe, you are missing a great opportunity to strengthen your network and your relationships.
Be sure to Follow us and Let's Engage!