Facebook announced Privacy changes in Terms and Conditions effective January 1, 2015. They have developed something called Privacy Basics which is a tool to assist in understanding all privacy options.
They are covering information on:
- GEO Targeting or getting location information to provide you with enhancements for where you are and friends nearby.
- Enhancements to Purchases on Facebook
- Information on the apps use with your device down to battery, signal and permissions
- Information on the suite of companies now working with Facebook
- Additional control with Ads
Though I can't give a thumbs up or down on this Privacy initiative, I will say that as a user of Facebook, this is a step in the right direction and I am encouraged to see if there are mild or massive changes users will need to make upon the official launch, if they have made adjustments to layouts and how this will effect the user experience. The biggest complaint people have when we talk about Facebook in consultations is, "They just don't make it easy to find answers to my questions" So hopefully this will help with that!
View the details about Privacy Basics, Terms and Updates at: https://www.facebook.com/about/terms-updates
~ Social Media is changing the way people do business. Don't get left behind ~
Hollie Clere, of The Social Media Advisor is a social media manager, trainer and author in LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Google+ , Pinterest and the tools to manage them. Click here for her Social Media Links
Curious on whether your social brand is built properly? Get your Social Media Analysis today.